What's new
Shave & Chat - a friendly community for wet shavers

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • here - https://www.shavechat.com/forums/personal-shave-diaries/ Message me if you want a personal shave diary.

Carbon CX C110 2022 - Question about name = CX-Scout.

Glint Eastwood

High Plains Drifter
Staff member
Admin
Moderator
Artisan
I bought this a few years back. Its a nice razor. I was never curious about the base plate engraving and only yesterday I noticed mine said "CX-Scout". I "researched" with chat GPT and it tells me that the C110 CX was a very limited razor and the Scout word was likely some reference to the military phonetic alphabet. However - try as I might, I cannot find the use of SCOUT to represent S in the phonetic alphabet.

Any ideas guys? Is my CX C110 genuine, rare or both? Is it a one off?


IMG_4197.pngIMG_4196.png
 
Last edited:
I bought this a few years back. Its a nice razor. I was never curious about the base plate engraving and only yesterday I noticed mine said "CX-Scout". I "researched" with chat GPT and it tells me that the C110 CX was a very limited razor and the Scout word was likely some reference to the military phonetic alphabet. However - try as I might, I cannot find the use of SCOUT to represent S in the phonetic alphabet.

Any ideas guys? Is my CX C110 genuine, rare or both? Is it a one off?


View attachment 7244View attachment 7245
If it’s the CX-CU then “Each razor is individually identified with a unique designation inspired by history.” The S1 handle is the tribute to the Fairborn style fighting knife” hence an Armed Forces Scout.
Hope of some help
 
Back
Top